Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Little Things

Don't you wish, at times, that there were more hours in the day to do the things you truly enjoy. More hours to play. More hours to learn. More hours to enjoy family & friends or just some simple peace & quiet; while not taking away from responsibility.

I'm hungry for more time to do the things I'm excited about. I love to read. Right now I'm reading 3 books; all of which are so great; none of which I have more than a few minutes in the day to read. I love to do creative things. I love to see the finished result of a project I've been wanting to accomplish. I love to bake...mmm!

Lately, I've found myself so frustrated that by the end of the day I haven't been able to do anything that really allows me to relax. Of course with two kids, a husband, ministry life and more, it makes it difficult to complete much more than feeding ourselves and the kids. We work hard and need to begin to play hard. It's a fact, at least for
me, that when I don't have time to play and do the things I enjoy I'm not prepared and ready to do what I'm responsible for. I've got low energy and am not the best that I can be. I'm working hard to establish my God given gifts and find security in Him to push into the task He has set before me. While pushing forward I have to find time to be still and enjoy the gifts He has given for that day.

Here's to a season of finding/making time to do more playing so that I can be more effective all around!

Starting yesterday with this yummy goodness and a moment to do something thoroughly enjoyable and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment